A Translation Attempt



I'm making an attempt to translate an Arabic song into English. It's not a literal translation. It's in my own wording and way. I also added some sentences from my imagination. 

"I don't want to tell you what's wrong with me!
I don't want to say what made me lose hope
Or what shattered me like a glass of water.
I don't want to reveal what turned my laughter and smiles into sadness and tears.
Let the past stay in the past.
but, let me cry when I feel suffocated.
Or let us elope far away from here, from the past and all those who know us!
Tell me that the future will be great and I will feel better with you.
Take me where there is no pain! Take me with your hands to joy!
Help me to get over all that happened! To forgive and forget!
With you, I will live in satisfaction and have great days.
With you, my heart experienced love for the first time.
With you, I don't know fear or worries.
With you, It's paradise on earth for me.
While you are with me, I won't need anybody else. You will be the whole world for me."


Shou beny.. Ibrahim ElHakamy

Comments

Most Read