Finding A Way To Travel

Recently, I have been googling about travel to gain a better understanding of the necessary procedures. I found that I can't get some of the documents that are required to get a visa. First of all, visas require something which is called an HR letter and a bank account statement with monthly transfers. 

The former is given by the company where the traveler works. It includes information such as name, the address of work, salary, etc. As I'm a freelancer, I don't work for a specific company, rather with individuals, so I can't get this letter. Some people fake it. I can't do that, not only because it's illegal, but also because I don't have a bank account with regular deposits and withdrawals. I usually make money transfers every two months or more so if I tried to fake it, it would alert that there's something fishy.

However, I didn't give up, I kept searching until I found out about AIESEC. It's like an NGO which promotes volunteering for youth under thirties worldwide, which was like catching the ship before sailing as I'm going to turn thirty this year. Of course, they get money to let you travel through them, but I didn't mind as long as I could make my travel dream come true. I applied to AIESEC, then applied for some projects in India. I had an interview for one of them, I got accepted and received an invitation letter a few days ago. I'm excited and can't believe it so far. I spent hours searching for tickets and comparing the prices for a few days. Finally, I booked a ticket to Delhi with a transit in Bahrain.

As for my family, I'm telling them every now and then that I will travel to India but they think I'm kidding. That was what happened when I wanted to travel to Cairo. I told them I was traveling, my mother thought I was just trying to pull her leg while my brother kept saying; "Dream on".

The next step should be applying for the visa. As there's no story without a dark side, no one of the AIESEC team has contacted me to discuss the visa procedures in Cairo. Since I paid the fees and signed the contract, they didn't follow up with me any steps. It's not promising but I have to keep going until the end.

Comments

Most Read